Well us single girls will do one of two things; we will either fight Valentine's day with all we've got and protest our hate for this horrid day and claim it's just a way for companies to make money or we will curl up in a ball and convince ourselves that our prince charming will never come and that we will die alone.
I can't really claim to solve all of your problems, but what I can do is hopefully find a way that will get all us single ladies through Valentine's day smoothly.
Grab yourselves a big glass of wine and take a look at my list of suggestions. Hopefully you can find one that suits you.
1. Meet up with your best single girlfriends and go for dinner and wine/cocktails/alcoholic beverage of your choice.
2. Invite single girlfriends round to your house for dvd/ice-cream/wine.
3. Hit the gym followed by a swim - exercise makes you feel good. Proven fact.
4. Watch your favourite horror/scary movie. Silence Of The Lambs would be my choice.
5. Send a Valentines card to a friend. Making someone else happy will make you happy. Plus this is an ideal way of proving that friendship will outlive every romance you will ever have.
6. Have an evening in and pamper yourself. Make time to paint your nails and condition your hair and generally make yourself look hot!
7. Buy that dress or pair of shoes that you've been after for ages. Who needs a man to buy them gifts? Being able to buy yourself a present and know that you have worked hard for it will mean more than a present from a man ever would.
8. Rid yourself of all things that remind you of a past relationship - teddies, photo's etc. You don't need it, throwing these things away will help you move on.
9. Treat all the girls in your office to cake!
10. Love yourself. If you are not happy by yourself how can you expect to be happy with someone else. A positive outlook on life will bring positive things your way.
11. Start the healthy eating and exercise plan you've been meaning to do for ages. Now's a good a time as any!
12. Donate the money you would have spent on a valentines gift to charity. A far more worthy cause than buying a teddy for a man!
Whatever you are doing this V-Day I hope you are having a great one :-) xx
Ooh one last thing, whatever you do, do not watch the Notebook. It is a beautiful film - but no good can ever come of it!! (I have learnt this lesson time and time again!)
If you have any more suggestions please feel free to add them below. :-)